Are You A Candidate For Sedation Dentistry?
You can be a sedation densitry candidate if you have…
- A history of traumatic dental experiences.
When you have painful memories of dental treatment, it makes further dental treatment very uncomfortable. Sedation helps overcome those memories.
- Difficulty getting numb.
Sometimes, with some people, novocain alone doesn’t get them completely numb. Dental treatment can be agonizing if this is the case, but with conscious sedation the pain can be eliminated.
- A bad gag reflex.
- High fear
- Very sensitive teeth
- Complex or extensive dental problems
Sedation dentistry helps treatment go more quickly and more smoothly, even with complex or extensive treatment. Multiple appointments can be consolidated into one appointment.
- Limited time to complete dental care
You are also a candidate if you…
- Are frightened of shots and needles.
- Find the tastes, smells and noises of dental care traumatic or difficult to endure.
- Feel embarrassment over the condition of your teeth.
- Experience feelings of fear when you think about going to the dentist.